I’m so glad you stopped by. We’re going to be exploring the topic Why Become a Soulwinner? I want to discuss reasons in the coming weeks.
Reason 1: Jesus was a soulwinner.
- This is the most obvious answer there is. Jesus’ whole purpose was to win souls to an eternal kingdom.
- Jesus said, “I have come so that they may have life and have it in abundance.” John 10:10.
- Jesus made it clear, however, that the abundance he was talking about was not one of riches and favor. Jesus quelled this notion many times. After all, he said, “Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.” Luke 9:58. Jesus also said that when we follow him we will experience persecution and hatred (Matthew 10:22).
- The abundance Jesus was talking about was clearly abundance of the heart -- a heart filled with love, gratitude, purpose, and hope of eternal life. Paul wrote to Titus, “He poured out his Spirit on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior so that, having been justified by his grace, we may become heirs with the hope of eternal life.” Titus 3:6.
- Jesus pleaded with poor people and rich people, people from all ethnic and religious backgrounds, and people with various political ideologies. Jesus pleaded, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28. Notice the word all.
- Jesus made it clear that a main purpose of God sending him to earth was “to seek and save the lost.” Luke 19:10.
See you next time,